$5 – $10 – $20: An entertainment guide for the cash-strapped college student

If you have $5

Add some relish to your Super Bowl festivities this Sunday by going to Arlington Drafthouse to check out live music before watching the game. Get off at the Pentagon City metro, and 2903 Columbia Pike is just over a mile away and easily accessible by the Route 16 bus. According to the Web site, though, those under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian, so if you want to enjoy this and you’re not quite of age, then you better call up Mom and Dad for a family visit.

If you have $10

Head to the Rock and Roll Hotel at 1353 H Street, N.E., to check out newcomers Midlake on Wednesday. Their second record, “The Trials of Van Occupanther,” was a year-end critical fave, and with songs like album-opener “Roscoe,” all chugging guitars, lilting vocals, and rustic lyrics, it’s not hard to understand why. Tickets are $12 at the door, but only $10 in advance, so if you’re interested in checking out the Texas band then it’s worth your time to plan ahead.

If you have $20

Borrow just five more and head to Lisner (see, we’re saving you on transportation costs) to attend the Peace Alliance Conference Finale on Monday at 7:30 p.m. Agree or disagree with the group’s objective of creating a U.S. Department of Peace, you can at least enjoy a performance by Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler. Erstwhile Johnny Cash channeler Joaquin Phoenix will also be appearing there and Dennis Kucinich will be there, well, being Dennis Kucinich.