Hobbs: Moore will play with leg injury

Junior Cheyenne Moore is playing despite pain from a lower leg injury and will likely be hampered for the rest of the season.
“It’s a struggle for him,” Hobbs said of Moore. “It’s really hard. He’s fighting through it the best he can. The most frustrating thing for him is playing through the pain. The only way he can fully heal himself is not play.”
Hobbs said there has not been any talk of sidelining Moore for the rest of the season unless the condition in his leg changes. Moore only practices the day before a game but his practice time is limited.
Through the pain, Moore is still making a difference. He nailed a three-pointer with 11:33 remaining in the game to knot the contest 49-49.
The Washington Examiner reported Wednesday that Moore, a transfer from Clemson University, said that he would likely miss the remainder of the season with an aggravated lower leg injury.
Three tough games
GW’s next three games all come on the road and make up the longest road streak of the regular season. Saturday, the Colonials take on Rhode Island in Kingston, R.I. The team will return to the District before heading to Dayton for the Jan. 31 contest. They won’t return to Foggy Bottom before its game Feb. 3 in St. Louis.
Hobbs said Rhode Island has completely changed its style of play.
“They used to be a slow, grind it out team,” Hobbs said. “We need to stop their transition game, but at the same time we can’t fall down and go down 12 or 13 points.”
Perlozzo hits Smith Center
Baltimore Orioles manager Sam Perlozzo took in Wednesday night’s game with his wife and GW baseball manager Steve Mrowka. Perlozzo, a 1973 graduate, spoke at a seminar on sports business Tuesday in Jack Morton Auditorium.