Aswani resigns from SA Senate

Student Association Senator Vishal Aswani (SEAS-U), a sophomore, announced his resignation from the SA Senate last night in an e-mail sent to members of the senate and the Hatchet.

Aswani, whose resignation was effective since winter break, said his decision to leave the senate came after analyzing the amount of time he could devote to serving the senate effectively.

“It wasn’t easy to (resign), but I felt that given where I was now within the senate and with WRGW and my studies, that this had to be done,” said Aswani in the e-mail.

Aswani said that SA senators must not neglect their personal lives while working for the senate.

“Remember your friends, your studies, and your lives,” said Aswani. “Remember that we have a duty to serve the students but at the same time we are students ourselves.”

Aswani said he will continue to meet with administrators and assist graduate SA Senators Kartik Bulusu (SEAS-G) and Tolu Oyekan (SEAS-G) with projects for School of Engineering and Applied Sciences students including the extension of operating hours at Tompkins Hall, the creation of a “graduate to graduate” mentoring program for SEAS students, and will work to assure SEAS students do not lose free printing privileges.