Capp to run for SA prez

Student Association Senator Nicole Capp (CCAS-U), a sophomore, announced her candidacy for SA president this afternoon in a leadership forum that was organized by the SA senator.

Capp, who is running without a SA executive vice presidential candidate, said she will work to increase advocacy and communication in the SA, if she is elected president.

“It is time for a change,” said Capp, at the forum. “I have been frustrated with the lack of progress in the SA executive and senate…There is a major disconnect between the students and the student government.”

As SA president, Capp said she would initiate a program called “411” which would allow students to email the SA with their questions and would include bi-monthly updates on the SA executive’s meetings with GW administrators.

“It pisses me off that I don’t know what is going on in the meetings that the SA executive has with administrators,” said Capp, who will hold town hall meetings with students every Tuesday, if elected.

Capp said she would also start a SA commission or council that would provide an easier line of communication between student organizations and the SA.

“You need to involve students on every single level,” said Capp. “It’s all about communication. It is simple things. It’s not rocket science.”

Capp said she will be holding more town hall meetings and forums over the next few weeks as she continues to campaign for SA president.