Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

11/25/06 – 1900 block of F Street – 4:44 a.m. – closed
The University Police Department received notice that a blue-light emergency phone was activated near Thurston Hall. Officers observed four students pass the phone. A garbage can across from the residence hall had been knocked onto the ground. Officers stopped the students, who took responsibility for activating the phone and knocking over the garbage can.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Forcible Rape

11/20/06 – Off Campus – Unknown time – closed
A female student filed a report that she had been sexually assaulted in her off-campus apartment.
Off-campus incident

Liquor Law Violations

11/17/06 – Thurston Hall – 3:00 a.m. – closed
A noise complaint had come in indicating loud music was coming from the room. After knocking on the door, an occupant opened it, revealing alcohol in plain view. Six of the students present were under 21. Officers disposed of all of the alcohol at the seven-student gathering in the Thurston Hall room.
Referred to SJS

11/17/06 – Marvin Center – 8:30 p.m. – closed
An intoxicated female was found in a Marvin Center restroom after UPD was notified of the situation. Officers observed the student having a difficult time standing, and contacted EMeRG. Officers saw the student vomit in the ladies’ restroom while on the scene. EMeRG transported the student to GW Hospital for medical treatment.
Referred to SJS

11/21/06 – Fulbright Hall – 2:55 p.m. – closed
During a health and safety inspection, inspectors contacted UPD because alcohol and several weapons were found. There were suspicious guns, which were air-pellet guns. All the items were confiscated from the room, and one occupant was present during the search.
Referred to SJS

11/21/06 – Mitchell Hall – 1:55 a.m. – closed
UPD responded to a report of a severely intoxicated male student. UPD found the male in a bathroom, and EMeRG was contacted. D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services was also contacted, and the male was transported to GW Hospital for further medical attention.
Referred to SJS

Reckless Operation

11/22/06 – Mount Vernon Campus Quad – 5:11 p.m. – closed
Officers stopped a car after it turned the wrong way on a one-way street. The driver was unaffiliated with GW and drove at a high speed when entering the campus. The male driver said he was on campus to pick up a friend. Officers gave the driver a warning about speed limit and road signs.
No further action

-compiled by Ashley Roberts