Moore back in Dec.

BOSTON, Nov. 10-Sophomore Cheyenne Moore, who is sidelined with a fracture of his left tibia, said before Friday night’s game that he is rehabbing in hopes of coming back by mid-December. Moore said he recently rode on a stationary bike pain-free, something he was unable to do immediately after the injury. Moore transferred from Clemson before last season and was forced to sit out a year per the NCAA’s transfer rules.

Scouts impressed by Diggs

A scout for the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs said that he liked the play of sophomore Rob Diggs during GW’s game against Boston University Friday night. Diggs averaged just seven minutes a game last year, largely because the Colonials’ frontcourt was loaded with seniors. He started against BU and showed no hesitation shooting a midrange jumper, as well the ability to rebound and block shots.

Freshmen debut, Akingbade returns

Freshmen forward Damian Hollis and point guard Travis King each played double-digit minutes (10 an 19, respectively) and had mixed results in their first college game. The 6-foot-9 Hollis spent much of the time on the perimeter while GW had the ball, making one of three three-point attempts. King appeared to be confident, but the three-guard offense which GW previewed during its exhibition game was not used very much.

Fifth-year senior Dokun Akingbade made his return after red-shirting last year. In 25 minutes, he had just five points and two rebounds, but stayed out of foul trouble.

Wilmore contributes

Sophomore Noel Wilmore took just two shots in 11 minutes against BU, but they provided a glimpse of what GW hoped to be getting when it recruited him. Wilmore displayed a quick release on both of his successful three-pointers. If he can serve as a consistent outside threat, it will take a load of off fellow guards Carl Elliott and Maureece Rice.