Crime Log

Assault

11/1/06 – Mitchell Hall – 1:07 a.m. – case closed
After receiving a call about a disturbance in Mitchell Hall, University Police officers arrived on the scene. They witnessed a student standing on the sidewalk arguing with someone who was looking out of a window. The complainant said the individual had thrown several eggs at him. Officers identified the alleged egg-thrower in the residence hall.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Burglary I

11/4/06 – Fulbright Hall – 10:20 a.m. – case closed
A female called UPD about finding a male in her room touching her laptop. When confronted, the male said he was looking for his friend and left the area. UPD could not locate the suspect. The residents of the room said her door had been unlocked.
No identifiable suspects

Destruction

11/5/06 – 1959 E Street – 2:00 p.m. – case closed
There was an alarm activation in the 1959 E Street residence hall that indicated someone removed a smoke detector. When UPD arrived, they found a smoke detector taken apart by a male student. He said he removed the alarm because he was cooking and did not want it to sound.
Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

11/2/06 – Aston Hall – 10:51 p.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a report of a suspicious odor in Aston Hall. They determined the room that the odor was coming from and contacted the community director. The director conducted an administrative search and found 1.4 grams of marijuana and a small amount of cocaine in the room.
Referred to SJS

11/4/06 – Madison Hall – 5:10 p.m. – case closed
During a response to a call about a sick person in Madison, officers found evidence of marijuana. They contacted the community director, who conducted an administrative search of the room. The director found alcohol and 6.8 grams of marijuana in the room of two underage male students.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

11/4/06 – Thurston Hall – 2:50 a.m. – case closed
During a response to a call at Thurston, UPD officers observed a student who appeared to be vomiting on a bench outside the dorm. The student was sitting next to another student, and an officer assessed both individuals. EMeRG arrived on the scene, and they contacted D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services. D.C. Fire and EMS transported both students to the GW Hospital for further medical attention.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Ashley Roberts