Alpha Delta Pi hosts annual Jail and Bail fundraiser

The Alpha Delta Pi sorority held its annual Jail and Bail fundraiser this week to raise money for families with children fighting medical illnesses.

Advertising for Jail and Bail began last week when signup sheets were available to students on the H Street terrace adjacent to the Marvin Center. At the table, GW students were able to donate money to have friends signed up to be “jailed.” Those students who were “jailed” by their friends received Evite invitations requesting their presence at Kogan Plaza from noon until 5 p.m. yesterday. However, the event was rained out and rescheduled for Friday.

Student Jail and Bail volunteers “are partnered with a sister of Alpha Delta Pi who walks around with them, helping them to raise their ‘bail,'” said Kate Roche, senior and president of Alpha Delta Pi. Participants are asked to raise at least $10, though many participants “go well above and beyond that number,” Roche added.

Proceeds from initial signups and “bail” money will be donated to the D.C. Ronald McDonald Houses, Alpha Delta Pi’s national philanthropy and an organization that functions as a home for families of sick children who are in the area in order to receive medical treatment.

Jail and Bail has been held by Alpha Delta Pi for the last eight years. “Jail and Bail is a great event,” said Roche, “It really gets the entire campus involved.”