Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

10/29/06 – 12:15 a.m. – 2000 block of L Street – case closed
A GW 4-RIDE driver observed what he believed to be a fight involving about 20 individuals. The driver notified University Police, and a UPD dispatcher contacted the Metropolitan Police Department. UPD arrived on the scene and ordered the individuals to leave the area, which they did by the time MPD arrived.
Referred to MPD

Drug Law Violation

10/28/06 – 12:15 a.m. – The Dakota – case closed
UPD officers responded to a call about a suspicious odor. The community director was notified and conducted an administrative search of the room. Three underage male students were found in the room with various bottles and cans of alcohol and less than a gram of marijuana. The alcohol and drugs were confiscated.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

10/24/06 – 2:05 a.m. – Mitchell Hall – case closed
A UPD officer on patrol smelled marijuana coming from a room in Mitchell Hall. The officer knocked on the door, and a male student answered. The marijuana was in plain view, and the community director was contacted. The director conducted an administrative search, and five grams of marijuana in two different packages were found. In addition, there were several joints that had already been rolled, which were also confiscated.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

10/28/06 – 1:00 a.m. – Potomac Hall – case closed
UPD responded to a possible fight in progress, and upon arrival officers found no fight. Before clearing the scene, the officers heard an excessive amount of noise coming from a room. One individual answered the door and apologized for the noise. It was apparent to the officers that two of the four students in the room were intoxicated. The two intoxicated students were transported to GW Hospital for further medical attention.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Ashley Roberts