Varsity Roundup

Water Polo

The men’s water polo team won three of four matches at the Collegiate Water Polo Association Southern Championship in Lewisburg, Pa. The Colonials (14-12) defeated Penn State Behrend 16-9 and Mercyhurst 18-8 and lost to No. 18 Navy 10-5 Saturday and then beat Gannon 20-10 Sunday for a fifth place finish. Senior John Hornberger had two goals against Gannon, ending the season with 20 goals and his collegiate career with 166 goals.

Volleyball

The women’s volleyball team defeated Maryland Eastern Shore 3-0 (30-19, 31-29, 30-14) Friday in Princess Anne, Md., the Colonials’ fourth straight win. Junior Janine Brown had 22.5 points, 20 kills and no errors, while senior Kelly Kabbes had 12 kills and 18 attacks in the victory. Senior Juliene McLaughlin registered her 12th double-double of the season with 11 kills and 13 digs. Freshman Abby Syverson was named the Atlantic 10 co-Rookie of the Week for the Colonials (12-10, 4-5 A-10).

Men’s Soccer

The men’s soccer team dropped a 2-1 decision at La Salle Sunday afternoon. Junior Greg McKay scored the Colonials’ only goal, assisted by junior Thomas Stuber and sophomore David Leon. The Colonials end the season 5-9-3 and 2-5-2 in the Atlantic 10.

Cross Country

The men’s and women’s cross country squads each finished 10th at the Atlantic 10 Conference Championships Saturday in Pittsburgh, Pa. Sophomore Audrey Noonan was the Colonials’ top finisher in seventh place out of 138 runners. Her time of 18:19.2 for the 5-kilometer race was the fastest ever for a Colonial at the A-10 Championships. Junior Joe Altenau was finished in 39th place in a field of 146 with a time of 26:41.4 for the 8-kilometer race.