Election season almost upon us

The Student Association Senate hopes to finalize the rules that will govern this year’s election by passing a Joint Elections Committee Charter in the near future. While election rules are not yet finalized, some people are already talking about who’s running.

The Charter will set forth rules governing slates, how candidates fund their campaigns and how the SA, Marvin Center Governing Board and Program Board will work with each other and hold elections.

The elections are a long ways away, but in the eyes of some people in the SA, this work can never be done too soon. And while the election will not take place until at least March or April, many people in the SA have already begun talking about who will run this year.

Some people ask me my thoughts, who do I think will run. Some people ask me to write about who I think will run. But I can’t do that. I will only write that someone is running if they have told me so. I don’t report rumors, I report facts.

With that said, if anyone announces they are running then we would consider giving it some coverage. Until we have confirmation that people are running, we will not report names or possible candidates.

So if you’re running an you want to announce it, what better place to break the news of your upcoming campaign in the SA, MCGB or PB than on the SA Blog? Post a comment or write us an e-mail. Keep us updated.