$5 – $10 – $20: An entertainment guide for the cash-strapped college student

If you have $5

Pocket it and head to the National Gallery of Art at 600 Constitution Ave. for a double screening of “Kiss of Death” and “Edge of the City” on Sunday at 4 p.m. Did you like “Brick?” We did. A lot. Seriously, coolest movie ever, and then they throw freaking “Sister Ray” by the Velvet Underground on at the end. Anyway, if you want to see where that new noir drew its dark roots from, come check out two classics of the genre for a little bit of pre-Halloween deceit and despair.

If you have $10

Grab two more, and head to Arlington to see Jay Bennett at Iota Club and Caf? on 2832 Wilson Blvd. If you didn’t catch Wilco last week, you can at least see Bennett, a former member of the Chicago band this week. Bennett was seen hilariously arguing with Jeff Tweedy about, well, everything in the Wilco documentary “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart,” but he’s been busy since then, and is now out on the road promoting his fourth post-Wilco record, “The Magnificent Defeat.”

If you have $20

Get to 9:30 Club on Saturday to check out diminutive rapper Lady Sovereign. To begin, let’s get a few things out of the way. Yes, she’s white. Yes, she’s British. Get over it, okay, because she can rap. Oh yes, she can rap. She recently completely inexplicably reached No. 1 on Total Request Live with “Love Me or Hate Me,” and she counts Jigga Man himself, Jay-Z, as one of her fans (as well as her boss – she’s signed to Island/Def Jam).