GW Briefs

Brady Gallery showcases recent acquisitions

The Luther W. Brady Art Gallery is showing off its most recent acquisitions in an exhibit this month.

The exhibit, which began earlier this month, showcases 15 of the gallery’s most recent additions to the gallery that has been a part of the university since 2001.

Exhibits include works from Sam Gilliam and Jules Olitski. Two works by Joan Miro and Giorgio de Chirico also will be shown from a collection of gifts.

GW has collected artwork since 1821 and now owns works from artists Rembrandt Peale, Gilbert Stuart, Marc Chagall, William Hogarth and Sam Gilliam, and now counts 3,600 works as part of the GW Permanent Collection.

The exhibit runs through Oct. 27 at the Brady Art Gallery located in the Media and Public Affairs Building second floor. Hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and admission is free.

Elizabeth Wozobski

Application for MSSC diversity certificate program available

The Multicultural Student Services Center and GW Housing Programs are accepting applications for students to receive a diversity certificate, according to a University press statement.

Certified students will be able to market their ability to create more open and diverse environments.

“The Diversity Series Certificate Program (DSCP) is designed to help undergraduate students develop multicultural competencies that provide an increased repertory for personal strategies, personal responsibility, building bridges and forming alliance in our personal, professional and civic endeavors,” the release said.

Applications for the DSCP are due Oct. 16.

-Brandon Butler