Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

10/7 – Thurston Hall – 5:55 p.m. – case closed
A female student began yelling at a student employee in the Thurston lobby when she was denied access to the building. She was going to visit a friend, but did not have her GWorld card or any other form of identification. After leaving Thurston, she went to University Police Department headquarters in Woodhull House with her GWorld card to prove she had I.D. Officers at Woodhull told her it was a violation of University rules to neglect to carry a GWorld and cited her for the violation.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Drug Law Violation

10/7 – Ivory Tower – 1:32 a.m. – case closed
GW Housing Programs staff conducted an administrative search of a room in Ivory Tower. They found 1.8 grams of cocaine and several barbiturates. Three students live in the room, but only one was present during the search.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

10/8 – 900 block of 23rd Street – 4:32 a.m. – case closed
A student reported to UPD that another female student had mixed alcohol with medication. The subject agreed to go to the emergency room for evaluation. EMeRG was notified after UPD arrived and assessed the female’s condition. While UPD was evaluating her, the student’s mother arrived on the scene. The student then declined treatment and left with her mother.
Referred to SJS

Unlawful Entry

10/8 – 2000 F Street – 11:15 p.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a complaint that an individual was sleeping in the Empire Apartments lobby. The subject said he was waiting for his roommate to come and let him into the room. UPD asked to see the subject’s identification, but he was neither able to present ID nor proof of residency. UPD contacted MPD. When MPD officers arrived, they conducted a background check, which revealed the subject was wanted on a violation of probation. MPD arrested the subject.
Subject arrested

-compiled by Ashley Roberts