Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

9/4 – Dakota Hall – 10:34 p.m. – case closed
The University Police Department received a report of a suspicious odor in Dakota Hall. After officers responded to the scene, they contacted the community director, who conducted an administrative search of the room. All five people in the room were GW students. The community director found 5.5 ounces of marijuana in the room and on the students.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Liquor Law Violation

9/7 – Thurston Hall – 11:50 p.m. – case closed
UPD officers received a report of an intoxicated student in his residence hall room. When officers arrived, they found the student had several contusions on his face and head. The male student informed officers that he had fallen out of bed and hit his head on the frame. Officers called EMeRG for his injuries. The student was then transported to GW Hospital for treatment.
Referred to SJS

9/7 – 600 Block of 21st Street – 12:45 a.m. – case closed
A UPD officer responded to a call at the intersection of 21st and F streets. The officer found a female student lying face-down at the intersection on the sidewalk. The student was conscious but unresponsive. She was unable to stand on her own. EMeRG attempted to assess the girl’s condition but was unable to evaluate the situation. D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and transported the student to GW Hospital.

9/7 – Thurston Hall – 12:12 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated female sitting in the lobby of Thurston Hall. When officers responded to the scene, they found an underage student sitting in her vomit on the lobby floor. The student was sick and had difficulty standing. Officers assessed that she was severely intoxicated and called EMeRG, who transported the student to GW Hospital for further medical attention.

9/5 – Ivory Tower – 12:23 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers responded to a complaint of excessive noise. After officers questioned the students, they determined that several had been drinking. Five of the six students were underage and were reported to SJS.
Referred to SJS