Welcome Back!

Welcome back to school!

Hope everyone enjoyed their summer.

Our SA coverage is almost back in full swing. So far we’ve already had two SA related articles. One summarized the news from over the summer and it also previewed some of SA President Lamar Thorpe’s initiatives for the school year. We also wrote about Executive Vice President Josh Lasky’s ‘Hold the Door’ campaign.

In today’s Hatchet you can read a news analysis piece by myself and Senior Staff Writer Andrew Ramonas, who will be contributing to our Hatchet coverage and this SA blog throughout the year.

The analysis piece is about the upcoming appointment of four new judges to the SA Court. As the article states, the court is sometimes an overlooked aspect of GW’s student government. This year that may change.

While the nomination process to sit judges on the court in the past has been a bitter fight, this year Thorpe has put in place a committee to help ensure a smooth appointment process.

The first couple weeks of school should be exciting for the SA. Not only do we have court appointments to watch but we also have Vice Presidential nominees for Thorpe’s cabinet.

Stay tuned to the SA blog and www.gwhatchet.com . for continuing updates on these stories and many more throughout the school year.