Greek Briefs

The office of Greek Life is in the process of relocating from its shared space in the Marvin Center’s Student Activities Center space to a Marvin Center suite of its own.

The Office of Community Service is moving out of the Marvin Center and into a townhouse on 2129 G St, allowing the Office of Greek Life to occupy OCS’s former Marvin Center suite.

Having a new office “will allow us to offer better space for a variety of meetings with council executive boards, advisers and house managers,” said Director of Greek Life Dean Harwood. “It also provides a well-defined home for Greek Life and a work space for students and staff.”

Harwood said each of the University’s four Greek-letter governing groups will receive desk and storage space.

“The new office space is truly a blessing. We as a Greek community now have the opportunity to have a home in which we can all share, councils and administration,” said senior John Och, president of the Interfraternity Council, which oversees 14 fraternities.

The four Greek governing bodies include the Interfraternity Council, the Panhellenic Association overseeing nine sororities, the National Panhellencic Council overseeing six traditionally black Greek-letter organizations and the Multicultural Greek Council, which oversees six multicultural Greek-letter organizations.