WEB UPDATE: “Reliable Sources” to begin taping at GW

Updated Wednesday, July 19, 1:35 p.m.

CNN’s “Reliable Sources” is set to film in the Jack Morton Auditorium once a month, the University and CNN confirmed this week.

Last Friday, CNN canceled “On the Story,” which had filmed in the Jack Morton Auditorium since last July. After the show cancellation, Vice President of Communications Michael Freedman said CNN and GW agreed to have “Reliable Sources” filmed at GW on a rotating schedule of once every four weeks.

Hosted by Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz, “Reliable Sources” examines the job of journalism.

Freedman said no exact date has been set for when the show will begin filming at GW. The show regularly airs on Sunday mornings.

CNN announced Friday the cancellation of “On the Story” after about one year of taping at GW.

CNN president Jonathan Klein announced at a Television Critics Association meeting that new program “This Week at War” will be added to the network’s permanant lineup in the time slots “On the Story” used to occupy on Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons. “This Week at War” is a news analysis show that aims to help “viewers make sense of the continuing conflicts” around the world, according to a CNN press release.

“On the Story” began taping in GW’s Jack Morton Auditorium last July after the 23-year-old program “Crossfire” filmed its last show in the location a month earlier. Crossfire had been taping at GW for three years.