Crime Log

Robbery/Firearm

4/30 – 17th and Church streets – case closed
A student called the University Police Department to report that he had been robbed. He stated that two subjects approached him with a gun and demanded his wallet and cell phone. The two subjects fled the scene. The individual cancelled his credit cards and also notified the Metro Police Department.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Simple Assault

4/30 – 21st and I streets – 4:30 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers responded to a call regarding individuals who were fighting, and when officers arrived the subjects had relocated to 22nd Street. Officers broke up the fight. One of the individuals, who is not a student, stole some items from a house while attending a party, including $200 in cash and a clock radio. An attendee informed the host, a GW student, of what he suspected was theft. The host of the party then pursued the suspect with some of the other attendees. The suspect admitted to stealing from the student and the student then assaulted the suspect. Both parties agreed not to press charges.
Referred to SJS

4/29 – Thurston Hall – open case
A student reported that someone went into her room and sprayed a fire extinguisher on her and all over her room while she was lying in bed. Officers were unable to find the subjects.

Sex Abuse

4/29 – 2100 block of L Street – case closed
UPD was notified about a case of forcible fondling. The victim, a GW female student, reported a male subject on two separate occasions groping her as he rode by on a bicycle. He rode up behind her on both occasions and grabbed her buttocks. Officers canvassed the scene and did not find the subject.
Off-campus incident

Drug Law Violation

4/29 – Cole Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – 11:40 p.m. – case closed
UPD received a call from two Community Living and Learning Center staff members about a suspicious odor from a room in the dorm. When UPD arrived, the CLLC staff members knocked on the door and when there was no answer, entered the unoccupied room. CLLC conducted an administrative search of the room, confiscating 3.9 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Referred to SJS

Theft

4/28 – 500 block of 19th Street – 12:18 a.m. – case closed
UPD received a call about a female who had exited a cab and refused to pay the fare. An officer observed the female running from the scene and attempting to get into another cab. She was stopped at the intersection of 18th and G streets. She tried to go back to the scene to clear up the incident but had no money. She was not affiliated with the University, but had a GWorld and room key of a friend who lived in Mitchell Hall. She went to her friend’s room to get money and paid the fare.
Subject barred

-compiled by Robert Parker