Varsity Roundup

Women’s Crew

Women’s crew rounded out its regular season with a fourth-place finish against No. 1 Princeton and Massachusetts and No. 20 Tennessee. The Tigers took first place in the Varsity Eight, Varsity Four and Novice Four races. Tennessee won the Second Varsity Eight race. The Colonials finished fourth in all races except the Varsity Four, where they finished fifth. The women will finish their season at Eastern Sprints in two weeks, followed by NCAA Championships.

Softball

The softball team got swept Friday by Atlantic 10 newcomer Charlotte in a doubleheader. The Colonials (24-26, 3-13 A-10) fell 10-0 in six innings in the first game and 2-1 in the second game. Sophomore Katie Miller drove in GW’s only run of the series. The Colonials split games with Radford a day earlier, winning the first game 3-2 but falling 2-1 in the second. Sophomore Caroline Howe had an RBI double in the bottom of the eighth inning to give the Colonials the victory in game one.

Baseball

The Colonials swept La Salle three straight days: 5-4 Friday, 2-1 Saturday, and 13-5 Sunday in Arlington, Va. The Colonials (18-25, 9-7 A-10) have now defeated the Explorers 20 straight times. GW had a season-high 17 hits in Sunday’s win, while senior Josh Wilkie posted a career-high 12 strikeouts in Saturday’s win. The series sweep put the Colonials above .500 for the first time all season.