GW to centralize wireless networks this summer
By Hannah Marr, Assistant News Editor • April 25, 2024
GW to renovate Pelham Commons this summer
By Barry Yao, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

Crime Log

Harassment

4/3 – Ivory Tower – case closed
A female reported that a male subject posted an inappropriate photograph of her on another male’s Web site. The two individuals were in a previous relationship; the female has asked that the photograph be removed.
No further action taken

Disorderly Conduct

4/3 – Aston Hall – case closed
University Police officers observed that someone had inappropriately used the fire extinguisher in the dormitory, and fire extinguisher dust was found on the sixth through 10th floors.
No suspects or witnesses

Drug Law Violation

4/2 – Thurston Hall – 6:30 p.m. – case closed
UPD was called to a room in the dormitory because of reports of a suspicious odor. Community Living and Learning Center staff conducted an administrative search of the room and confiscated various items of paraphernalia and a “large” amount of marijuana. A scale was also found. UPD also found evidence that the individuals may have been selling or distributing drugs. Metropolitan Police is reviewing the case to decide if any charges will be filed against a student.
Referred to MPD

4/1 – Pelham Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – 3:15 a.m. – case closed
While a UPD officer was on patrol he noticed a suspicious odor similar to marijuana’s coming from a room in the dormitory. The officer contacted CLLC staff and conducted an administrative search, and marijuana and paraphernalia were found in the room. The individual was also under 21 and had been drinking. The individual was assessed at the scene and was determined to need further medical treatment. He was transported to Georgetown University Hospital.

4/1 – Thurston Hall- 1:15 a.m.
case closed
UPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated student in the stairwell of the dormitory. The male was stumbling and unable to balance himself. EMeRG was contacted and officers assessed the individual. The subject was disorderly and combative throughout the entire investigation. He was transported to GW Hospital for further medical treatment.
Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

4/1 – City Hall – case closed
UPD officers responded to an altercation between a male and female individual who said they were familiar with each other. The female had visited the male and another friend in the room. She said the male became angry for no apparent reason and slapped her. The female called UPD but did not report the incident to MPD. CLLC was notified, however, and gave no-contact orders to the two individuals.
Refered to SJS

False Fire Alarm

3/29 – West End – 9:35 p.m. – open case
A pull station for a fire alarm was activation in the basement of the dormitory. The D.C. fire department responded but there was no fire.

-list compiled by Robert Parker