Crime Log

Assault with a Dangerous Weapon

3/18 – 700 block of 24th St. – 1:05 p.m. – case closed
University Police officers were dispatched after getting a report of an injured individual. When officers arrived, Metropolitan Police officers were already at the scene. A witness stated that his friend was assaulted by an unknown individual who hit him in the face with an unknown object. The individuals were not affiliated with the University.
Referred to MPD

Liquor Law Violation

3/18 – Somers Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – 10:18 p.m. – case closed
UPD officers responded to a complaint of excessive noise in a room in the dormitory. Officers noticed alcoholic beverages in the room when they arrived at the scene. There were 14 people in the room; 10 were not affiliated with the University, and everyone in the room was underage. The individuals unaffiliated with the University were barred from campus. No one in the room required medical attention.
Referred to SJS

10 – 4-RIDE Vehicle – 2:08 a.m. – case closed
A 4-RIDE driver notified officers about a subject who was regurgitating in a 4-RIDE van. The individual seemed to be intoxicated. UPD officers and EMeRG responded to the scene and the individual was transported to GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS

3/10 – Thurston Hall – 2:35 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated female student. Officers said that they witnessed the individual falling into a trashcan. EMeRG was contacted and transported the student to GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS
Disorderly Conduct

3/17 – Schenley Hall –
12:15 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers were notified about a report of a homeless man sleeping on the couch of the elevator lobby in the dormitory.
Subject barred
Assault

3/12 – Fulbright Hall – 7:30 pm. – case closed
UPD officers responded to a report of simple assault between two people in the dormitory. MPD officers were already at the scene when UPD officers arrived. The situation involved a male and female who used to date. Both individuals were arrested and taken to the MPD’s Second District Headquarters for arrest processing. One individual was charged with the destruction of property and the other was charged with simple assault and domestic violence. One of the individuals was a GW student.
Subjects arrested

-compiled by Robert Parker