Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

2/5 – Mitchell Hall – 1:45 a.m. – case closed
University Police officers were dispatched to a report of suspicious odors on a floor in the dormitory. When officers arrived there were four individuals in the room, three of whom were not affiliated with GW. Three grams of marijuana, in addition to various drug paraphernalia and alcohol, were found in the room. All objects were confiscated.
Subjects barred

2/4 – Thurston Hall – 7:20 p.m. – case closed
UPD was notified about Community Living and Learning Center staff conducting an administrative search in a room in the dormitory. Officers responded and one gram of marijuana was confiscated from the room.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

2/4 – City Hall – 3:16 a.m. – case closed
While in the building, UPD officers noticed a smell of marijuana coming from a room. The community director on duty at the time was contacted and conducted an administrative search. Drug paraphernalia and 8.1 grams of marijuana were confiscated.
Subject barred

1/30 – Mitchell Hall – 3 p.m. – case closed
UPD was contacted and conducted an administrative search with CLLC staff on duty. During the search they found various items of drug paraphernalia, several pipes, marijuana residue in bags and a joint. All drugs and drug paraphernalia were confiscated.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

2/4 – Hensley Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – 2:21 a.m. – case closed
UPD was contacted about an intoxicated student. When officers arrived, the individual had been regurgitating due to drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. The individual was sent to Georgetown Hospital for further treatment.
Referred to SJS

Threats

2/1 – New Hall – case closed
UPD responded to a report from an individual saying he felt threatened by his roommate several times during the fall semester and that he was still feeling threatened this semester. He requested a room change and was moved to another room by CLLC staff.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Robert Parker