$5 – $10 – $20: An entertainment guide for the cash-strapped college student

If you have $5

Head over to the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage to see members of the Kennedy Center’s opera house orchestra perform on Thursday and Friday at 6 p.m. Seven musicians will play selections from Mendelssohn and Taneyev. The Millennium Stage offers free shows everyday at 6 p.m., so be sure to check out www.kennedy-center.org for updated concert schedules.

If you have $10

Bar and Bat Mitzvahs occur right in the prime of a teenager’s most acne-prone, embarrassing years. Do your Bar Mitzvah over again now that you’re older and considerably less awkward at the 6th and I streets Historic Synagogue, which is hosting “My Big Fat Embarrassing Bar Mitzvah Party” Thursday night. With karaoke and caricatures, admission is $7 to enter and $15 to drink, and the person who brings the most embarrassing Bar or Bat Mitzvah photo wins a prize.

If you have $20

Are you alone this Valentine’s Day? Would you like to find someone who is as into faux-vintage clothing, obscure music and black plastic-framed glasses as you are? Head over to Local 16 this Feb. 14 at 8 p.m. for the Valentine’s Day Rock-n-Roll Dance Party. It’s free to enter, but you might want to bring cash to buy a drink for that dreamy indie girl or boy making eyes at you from across the dance floor.