GW Briefs

Mount Vernon shuttle now stops at HOVA

The freshman dorm Hall on Virginia Avenue is on the list of pick up and drop off locations for the Mount Vernon Campus shuttle this semester.

“Adding the HOVA stop was just one of the many improvements we’ve made based on feedback provided by our riders,” said Matthew Tisdale, marketing coordinator for events and special services at Mount Vernon Campus Life.

HOVA joins 23rd and H streets, 20th and E streets and 22nd and G streets as places for GW students, professors and visitors to catch the shuttle to the Mount Vernon Campus on Foxhall Road.

More stops could be in the works, Tisdale said.

“If our riders demonstrate a need for additional stops and those stops do not inhibit our ability to provide excellent service, we are more than happy to accommodate,” he said.

Also, shuttle coordinators are working on solidifying alternate routes that drivers would be authorized to take in the case of bad traffic to avoid delays.

Mount Vernon Campus Life encourages students with suggestions about shuttle service to contact [email protected].

-Lizzie Wozobski

GW names deputy CIO

GW has named Ronald Bonig its first deputy chief information officer for Information Systems and Services. The position was created to help handle the increasing tasks of technology administrators.

“In recent years the University has significantly upgraded its technology infrastructure and capabilities, but there are always new goals to reach for and new challenges to face,” Bonig said in a statement. As deputy CIO, Bonig will work to ensure the strength of technology’s operational continuity, especially in case of disaster. He will assist Dave Swartz, vice president and chief information officer, to help ensure the success of ISS.

“Ron has done an outstanding job in helping to build and sustain a reliable (information technology) environment at GW,” Swartz said in a statement. “In the years ahead, I am confident that Ron will help us to reach our long-term goals for excellence in Information Systems and Services at GW.”

-Amanda Limmer