Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

1/24 – Marvin Center – 9:40 a.m. – case closed
University Police officers identified an individual acting suspiciously in the building. When an officer asked the individual for identification, the individual became verbally irate. The individual eventually gave the officer identification but had no stated purpose for being in the building and was told to leave.
-Referred to Student Judicial Services

Weapons Violation

1/28 – Mitchell Hall – 10:01 p.m. – case closed
A complainant reported to UPD officers that there was a pocket knife in the kitchen area on the floor of the dormitory. The complainant did not know where the pocket knife came from, and the officers took possession of it.
-No suspects or witnesses

1/25 – 2206 F St. – 10:40 a.m. – case closed
UPD was contacted by health and safety inspectors because they found a sword in a room. The sword was confiscated by UPD.
-Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

1/28 – Thurston Hall – 11:40 p.m. – case closed
UPD officers were dispatched to the dormitory for a possible liquor law violation. When officers arrived at the questioned room, the officers found alcohol in plain view. There were 10 people in the room at the time, and five of them were not affiliated with the University; they were barred from GW property.
-Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

1/25 – 619 22nd St. – 4:15 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers received a call about an individual walking down the street who was barely able to walk or stand up. Officers found the individual in the Washington Circle area falling into bushes. The individual couldn’t stand when approached by officers. The individual was determined to be intoxicated and was taken to GW Hospital.
-Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

1/23 – Rice Hall – 5:06 p.m. – case closed
A complainant said that while trying to enter an office in the building while the door was closing, a subject pushed her out of the doorway and her hand got caught in the door.
-Referred to department

-compiled by Robert Parker