Crime Log

Destruction

1/22 – 619 22nd St. – case closed
University Police responded to a report of vandalism that occurred at an on-campus townhouse between 4 a.m. and noon. An officer found that two windows in the house had been broken and it appeared that someone had thrown bricks through the windows.
-No suspects or witnesses

Liquor Law Violation

1/22 – Hall on Virginia Avenue – 2:12 a.m. – case closed
UPD was dispatched to the dormitory because of a report of an intoxicated individual. An officer determined that the individual needed additional medical attention and that the individual could not walk, so the student was transported to GW Hospital for additional medical attention.
-Referred to Student Judicial
Services

Lewd and Obscene Act

1/21 – Marvin Center – 8:30 p.m. – case closed
UPD received a call from a female complainant reporting a male subject who was continually fondling his genitals in public. UPD officers got a description of the individual from the student and the subject was found adjacent to Wendy’s in J Street. The individual was not affiliated with the University.
-Subject barred

Simple Assault

1/21 – 2100 block of I Street – 4:12 a.m. – case closed
A UPD officer reported that he saw a male assaulting a female on public property on campus. The officer saw the male subject grab the female and attempt to punch another male. The officer intervened, and the male subject assaulted the officer. When other UPD officers arrived at the scene they saw the male subject assaulting the officer, and the individual was then handcuffed by a second officer. It appeared that the female had a minor injury and was bleeding. She was transported to a nearby hospital.
-Subject arrested

Drug Law Violation

1/20 – Aston Hall – 12:57 a.m. – case closed
UPD was notified about a suspicious odor coming from a room by Community Living and Learning Center staff. Five people were in a room in the dormitory. CLLC searched the room and found marijuana residue. Three individuals in the room were not GW students and were barred from campus.
-Referred to SJS
-compiled by Robert Parker