Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct

1/7 – 1957 E Street – 12:30 a.m. – case closed
University Police responded to an individual trying to gain access to the dormitory using her GWorld card during the break. The officer asked the individual why she was trying to get into the building, and she said she had a meeting but could not tell the officer what the meeting was for. The officer denied her access to the building, and the student then became hostile and verbally aggressive toward the officer.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Theft

1/7 – Ross Hall – 6:30 p.m. – open casev
A complainant reported to UPD that he returned from work to find his book bag and laptop missing from the room. A female who works in the building found the missing book bag in a dorm bathroom. All of the credit cards and a gift card were missing from the bag. The complainant called a credit card company to cancel his card and discovered that $400 had been spent at an off-campus department store.

1/3 – Eckles Library – case closed
A monitor from the computer lab of the library was stolen and a cable had been cut. The computer was stolen sometime between Dec. 22 and Jan. 3.
No suspects or witnesses

Burglary

1/6 – Guthridge Hall – 6 p.m. – case closed
A female complainant reported to UPD that after being out of her room from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., her wallet had been tampered with and $300 was missing.
No suspects or witnesses

Destruction

1/4 – DJ’s Fastbreak (2145 G St.) – 5:35 a.m. – case closed
While on patrol a UPD officer observed an individual removing metal from appliances outside of the restaurant. The officer asked the individual if he had permission to remove the metal and the individual said that he was from a recycling company and had permission. No one from the restaurant was available at that time, but later that morning a manager said that no one was authorized to remove metal from the restaurant.
Subject barred

1/2 – Somers Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – case closed
While on patrol a UPD officer discovered that a side door to the dormitory had been vandalized. Facilities management was contacted to repaint the door.
No suspects or witnesses

-compiled by Robert Parker