Crime Log

Assault

12/4 – 603 22nd St. – 1:26 a.m. – open case
A complainant reported to University Police that while he was inside a townhouse, an unknown individual came inside and hit him in the face. He sustained injuries to his nose and mouth. After undergoing preliminary treatment for his injuries by D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services, he was transported to GW Hospital for further treatment.

Harassment

12/4 – Lafayette Hall – 4 a.m. – case closed
A female complainant notified UPD that someone was verbally harassing her.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

12/2 – Pelham Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – 6:45 p.m. – case closed
A female reported to UPD that an unknown individual entered her unlocked dorm room and proceeded to log on to her AOL account. The intruder then began sending rude and vulgar messages to her family and friends logged onto the messaging service.
No suspects or witnesses

Disorderly Conduct

12/4 – 22nd and G streets – 2:25 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers observed five individuals engaging in a physical altercation in the street. After the officers broke up the fight they found that two individuals sustained injuries; they were treated at GW Hospital. The other three individuals were unaffiliated with the University and were barred from campus.
Subjects barred

12/3 – City Hall – 2:45 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to the building after getting reports of heavy smoke in a hallway. When officers arrived at the scene they determined that a male had used a fire extinguisher on the floor even though there was no reason to do so.
Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

12/3 – Thurston Hall – 12:01 a.m. – case closed
Community Living and Learning Center staff notified UPD about a suspicious odor in a dorm room. After officers entered the room an administrative search was conducted and 2.6 grams of marijuana, as well as various items classified as paraphernalia, were found and confiscated.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Angel Castaner