TLC looking for GW students for reality show

The Learning Channel is seeking GW students to take part in a reality show called “Ultimate Blunders” featuring students’ most embarrassing moments. The channel is coming to the District in January to film the show. The show is a 10-part series that will be broadcast over the summer.

Associate producer Melissa Mayne, whose production company is based in the United Kingdom, said she is especially interested in the embarrassing stories of college students.

“We have a number of blunders lined up already,” said Mayne, “from a guy who got his foot stuck in a toilet to a woman who got into the wrong car and ended up surrounded by police because they thought she was going to steal it.”

The show will revolve around interviews of the victims of each blunder, and reenactments of particularly visual stories. The casting process is underway.

To submit your embarrassing moment for consideration for the show, Mayne asks that applicants e-mail [email protected], or go to TLC’s casting call site at http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/apply/getontlc.html.

Mayne said there is a greater casting demand for men, as the show had already recruited a number of women, but that all are encouraged to apply. Students whose embarrassing moments are not particularly risqu? have a better chance of landing on the show.

“We cannot feature any poop-related stories,” Mayne said. “It is a family-targeted program.”

Students may receive some compensation for participating in the show.

-Maura Judkis