Crime Log

Simple Assault

10/30 – International House – 2:20 a.m. – open case
When University Police officers arrived at the dormitory, Metropolitan Police officers were already interviewing a male complainant. He told police that while he was on the elevator four unknown males started pushing him and one punched him several times. He was unable to provide any details that could lead to the identities of the individuals who attacked him. EMeRG transported the male to GW Hospital to evaluate him for injuries.

10/28 – Hensley Hall (MVC) – case closed
A male student reported to UPD that his intoxicated roommate jumped on him while he was sleeping and hit him on the back of the head several times. The next morning he told officers that he had a headache and felt woozy. He independently sought out medical attention.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Unlawful Entry

10/30 – Marvin Center – 6:43 p.m. – case closed
UPD received a call about a suspicious man in J Street. When officers responded to the scene, they found that the man was unaffiliated with GW and had previously been barred from campus in March 2003. The subject was warned about entering campus and was subsequently re-barred from GW.
Subject barred
Disorderly Conduct

10/30 – 2200 block of I Street – 12:53 a.m. – case closed
UPD officers noticed a campus blue light phone flashing while on patrol. Five individuals leaving the scene – four of whom were GW students – were stopped, and they were warned against activating the emergency phone when there was no emergency.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

10/29 – 700 block of 24th Street – 12:10 a.m. – case closed
UPD received a call about an unconscious individual lying in the bushes in the area. When officers arrived on the scene, they found that the individual was breathing, but was otherwise unresponsive. EMeRG and D.C. Fire and EMS were contacted to transport the individual to GW Hospital for further medical attention.
Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

10/28 – Mitchell Hall – 9:32 p.m. – case closed
Community Living and Learning Center staff notified UPD that they were going to conduct an administrative search in the dormitory based on a suspicious odor. Six underage people were found in a room with alcohol present, and some individuals had marijuana in their possession. The marijuana and associated paraphernalia were confiscated and one individual unaffiliated with GW was barred from campus.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Angel Castaner