Crime Log

Liquor Law Violation

10/16 – Thurston Hall – 2:20 a.m. – case closed
Complainants called to report an individual lying on the ground in a hall in the dormitory. The female, who was found throwing up in a garbage can, was identified by University Police officers and assessed by EMeRG members, who determined she needed medical attention and transported her to GW Hospital.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Simple Assault

10/15 – Thurston Hall – 12:02 a.m. – open case
UPD officers were told that an unknown individual was throwing various objects out of a ninth-floor window in the dormitory. The complainant said he had been hit by a coin on the shoulder while walking by. Officers observed and identified the room, and once they went inside, they found five individuals, all underage, in possession of alcohol. The alcohol was dumped on the scene and it was determined that no one required medical attention.

Assault on Police

10/14 – University Parking Garage – 12:50 p.m. – case closed
A female who had left a judicial hearing in Fulbright Hall was reported by witnesses to have been creating a disturbance on H Street. UPD responded and found the subject crouched next to a car in the parking garage. When the officer questioned her about her behavior, she became agitated and pushed him. She was arrested for assault and transported to GW Hospital, and then Metropolitan Police’s second district headquarters, where her arrest was processed.
Subject arrested

-compiled by Angel Castaner