SA Notes

Shakour nominates Sheeron to court

Student Association President Audai Shakour nominated junior Christopher Sheeron to fill one of the last two vacant seats on the Student Court.

After a more than four-week period without having a nominee, on Wednesday afternoon Shakour announced that Sheeron would fill the final undergraduate vacancy on the Student Court. Members of the Senate and executive said they support Sheeron’s nomination.

“He’s a good guy,” said junior Morgan Corr, the executive vice president of the SA. “I trust that he will be a fair and impartial judge on the court.”

The Student Court settles disputes between the branches of the SA and cases brought to them by student organizations.

The Senate Rules Committee must confirm Sheeron for the seat, and then his nomination will be sent to the full SA Senate. In September Shakour nominated junior Rob Tobias and graduate student Ericka Fischer to the court. Tobias was confirmed and Fisher failed, so Shakour still has one more seat to fill on the Student Court.

Shakour was reported to have been considering nominating senior Mike Hall, a standout on the men’s basketball team, but chose to nominate Sheeron instead. Goodman said Shakour’s final appointment will be a graduate student.

-Brandon Butler