Crime Log

Liquor Law Violation

10/2 – 2600 block of L Street – 12:15 a.m. – case closed
University Police responded to a call for an intoxicated GW student found unconscious on an off-campus park bench. The individual was immediately transported to GW Hospital because of excessive alcohol consumption.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Disorderly Conduct

10/2 – 1900 block of F Street – 4:50 a.m. – case closed
UPD was notified about a fight in progress in the street. When officers searched the surrounding area they located one of the fight’s participants. He had injuries to his face, and also gave the description of the other subject involved. The other individual, who is not affiliated with GW, was picked up on the 2000 block of G Street, also with face injuries. Both were transported to the GW Hospital for treatment of their wounds.
Subject barred from campus

10/1 – Hall on Virginia Avenue – 1:50 a.m. – case closed
A student entered the lobby of the dormitory and began to yell at the officer stationed at the front desk when questioned for his GWorld card. The officer said that the student insisted he did not need to show University identification because he had “diplomatic immunity.” UPD was notified, arrived on the scene and determined that the subject did not have any kind of immunity – and was intoxicated. He was assessed, determined to not need medical treatment and was escorted back to his “embassy” in Thurston Hall.
Referred to SJS

Theft

10/2 – Stockton Hall – open case
A vending company representative notified UPD that his company’s vending machines in Stockton Hall, Government Hall, Ivory Tower and New Hall were all emptied of cash and merchandise. An estimated $1,500 was stolen.

Harassment

10/1 – Guthridge Hall – 12:01 a.m. – case closed
A complainant stated that he received repeated calls from a known female. When he returned the calls, he said an unknown male answered the phone and made threatening comments.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Angel Castaner