The Bar Belle: The Ghost Bus, for all drunken souls

Ghost Bus is a new service that drives 70 people at a time from seven different bars on Capitol Hill to the Nationals’ baseball games and D.C. United soccer games. The brainchild of a couple of young entrepreneurs willing to give up their Saturday nights, it even escorts attendees safely back to the bars again when the games are over. The bars the Ghost Bus services are: The Capitol Lounge, Tunniclifff’s Tavern, Pour House, Hawk ‘n Dove, The Ugly Mug, Finn Mac Cool’s and Trusty’s.

The Ghost Bus, which stands for “get home on sober transit,” has something GW-acronym- crazed students can enjoy even more: it’s free. That’s right, the bars that the Ghost Bus stops at pay for the service.

The Ghost Bus is hard to miss – it stops right next to the RFK Metro, so if you’re walking out of the game, you’re bound to see it. Painted grey with “The Ghost Bus” written all over the outside and boisterous sports fans excited to keep drinking on the inside, you realize your night has only just begun with a ride on the Ghost Bus. Complete with its own nostalgic music collection of Prince, Michael Jackson and the Spice Girls, you will still be ready for the bar scene when you hop off the bus on Capitol Hill. For more information about the Ghost Bus go to: http://www.ridetheghost.com.