Crime Log

Liquor Law Violation

9/11 – Thurston Hall – 2:35 a.m. – case closed

University Police officers responded to a call about a sick male in the residence hall. After they discovered that he had consumed too much alcohol, a D.C. ambulance arrived and transported him to GW Hospital.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

9/11 – Thurston Hall – 1:55 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers discovered a male, who was not a GW student, in a hallway of the residence hall yelling, staggering and losing his balance. Officers assessed the male and determined he was intoxicated. EMeRG arrived on the scene to transport him to GW Hospital.

Subject barred from campus

9/11 – Somers Hall (Mount Vernon Campus) – 1:05 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers responded to the lobby after witnessing an underage female being assisted by a group of people. After an officer conducted an assessment of the student, the officer determined that while she had been drinking she was not intoxicated. Officers were not sure why she was being assisted. She was released.
Referred to SJS

9/10 – Fulbright Hall – 2:25 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to the report of a suspicious odor. When the occupants of the room opened the door, officers smelled what seemed to be marijuana. CLLC staff was contacted and conducted an administrative search. No drugs were found, but CLLC found alcohol and an illegal pocket knife. All individuals in the room were underage and the items were confiscated.
Referred to SJS

Assault on police

9/11 – Thurston Hall – 1:19 a.m. – case closed

While a female student was attempting to sign into the residence hall, the UPD officer on duty noticed that she had been drinking. While the officer attempted to talk to the student to assess if she was intoxicated, she shoved the officer and ran out of the lobby.
Referred to SJS

Disorderly Conduct

9/11 – Woodhull House (UPD headquarters) – 7:11 p.m. – case closed

A University employee came to the Woodhull House because he was locked out of his office in the Academic Center. The employee was yelling at UPD staff and officers about getting into the building. A report was filed.
Referred to department

9/10 – New Hall – 11:15 p.m. – case closed

UPD responded to a room in the dorm after receiving a loud noise complaint. CLLC accompanied the officers to find a large number of students having a get-together. There were no violations of policy, but an inordinate amount of what appeared to be cake was served, according to a student close to the event.
Referred to SJS

Harassment

9/11 – off campus – case closed

An individual reported to UPD that he was being verbally harassed by a homeless person in an off-campus intersection near New Hampshire and Virginia avenues. The student gave a description of the individual who harassed him, but when officers arrived at the scene the man was gone.
No identifiable suspects

Destruction

9/10 – City Hall – case closed

Two information boards on different floors in the residence hall were defaced. Documents on the board were destroyed.
No suspects or witnesses

False fire alarm

9/9 – 2109 F Street – 10:45 a.m. – open case

UPD received a call about false fire alarm activation after someone pulled the pull station in the building. The building was evacuated and once the system was repaired and restored, residents were allowed to return inside.

-compiled by Katie Rooney