GW Briefs

Crep-Away eyes return

Crepe-Away, the popular J Street venue that served sweet and savory confections to students during spring 2004, could be making a return to GW in the near future.

Crepe-Away manager Saad Jallad said he contacted the University about relocating to the Marvin Center’s Hippodrome, formerly the home of Big Burger. In May, Crepe-Away opened a branch at the Pentagon City Fashion Centre in Arlington, Va.

Jallad said no plans have been finalized yet with the University, which is also looking at other Hippodrome dining options.

“We’d love to see a food venue on the fifth floor,” said Michael Peller, managing director of the Marvin Center. “The Student Association has requested (the return of Crepe-Away).”

SA president Audai Shakour said he hopes to make Crepe-Away a “24-hour-spot,” part of a more vibrant Hippodrome environment. Shakour said he couldn’t put a definite timetable on the project, but that he would like to see it finalized by the end of the month.

“It’s a win-win situation for the University and students because the University will receive more revenue and students have more food options on campus,” he said. “I think it will be great to have a healthy, student-friendly venue up there.”

-Sam Salkin