Crime Log

Drug Law Violation

9/5 – International House – 9:45 p.m. – case closed

A female student stated that a resident on her floor brought drug paraphernalia into her room while she was not home, and then the subject came back to the room numerous times the next day to retrieve his property. University Police was contacted and officers confiscated the property.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Harassment

9/4 – City Hall – 9:09 p.m. – case closed

A female student said she was receiving harassing phone calls from an unknown male. The male knew her name and made several inappropriate remarks to her. She documented the incident in case there were further occurrences.

Referred to SJS

Traffic/Hit and Run

9/4 – Off Campus – 3:00 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers near the Mount Vernon campus were patrolling when they heard a traffic accident. A male unaffilated with GW hit a parked car on W Street and was attempting to flee the scene until he was stopped by UPD. Metropolitan Police arrived and arrested him for driving under the influence.
Subject arrested

Disorderly Conduct

9/4 – 2100 block of G Street – 12:34 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers observed two individuals riding in a Safeway grocery cart down G Street. They were stopped and identified as GW students.

Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

9/4 – University Yard – 2:27 a.m. – case closed

UPD responded to the scene after there was a report of an intoxicated individual. When officers arrived the individual was urinating in public and was clearly intoxicated. EMeRG arrived on the scene and transported him to GW Hospital.

Referred to SJS

9/3 – Quadrangle (Mount Vernon Campus) – 1:00 a.m. – case closed

While officers were investigating a car that was illegally parked on the Mount Vernon campus, two individuals, one who was the owner of the car, approached the scene. One of the individuals had been drinking, but it was determined that no medical attention was necessary. A ticket was issued for being illegally parked, and the friend moved the car to a legal parking space.

Referred to SJS

Weapons Violation

9/2 – Pelham Hall (MVC) – 7:00 p.m. – case closed

UPD received a report from CLLC staff that an individual had nun chucks and was using them outside of the residence hall. UPD arrived and observed the student practicing martial arts. Officers stopped him, explained the University’s policy on such materials and confiscated them.

Referred to SJS

-compiled by Katie Rooney