Varsity Roundup

Men’s Crew

Team names Myhr assistant coach

Former Georgetown freshman heavyweight coach Gregory Myhr was hired as men’s head crew coach on Thursday. The former University of Wisconsin standout rowed for Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda, Md. As a collegiate rower, Myhr was captain and MVP for the Badgers in 1992. He stayed at his alma matter, serving as assistant men’s coach from 1997-2003.

Cross Country and Water Polo start action

The cross country team starts their season on Friday against Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, Md., at 7 p.m. The men’s water polo squad also kicks off its season in Annapolis, Md., on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. when they face Pacific University. They continue action at 3:30 p.m. when they are pit against Penn State-Behrend. On Sunday they will take part in another doubleheader, facing Iona College at 10:30 a.m followed by Saint Francis (N.Y.) at 5:30 p.m.

Women’s Basketball

Bozeman replaces Solomon as assistant coach

Mike Bozeman, former head coach of Bishop McNamara in Forestville, Md., was hired as assistant coach of the women’s basketball squad. Bozeman served for four months as assistant coach to Atlantic 10 rival Fordham University. As head coach at Bishop McNamara, Bozeman led his team to the number one spot in the 2003-2004 “Street & Smith” high school basketball ranking. In 2003-2004, his team won the Lone Star Invitational, the Dell Curry Invitational crown and the Nike Tournament of Champions title. The Farleigh Dickinson alumnus founded the Nike Elite Summer League and the D.C. Nike Elite Girls’ Travel team. In a news release, McKeown characterized Bozeman as “one of the top high school girls’ basketball coaches in the country.”