WEB UPDATE: Mensah-Bonsu to play at pre-draft camp

Posted Saturday, June 4, 2:33 a.m. Pops Mensah-Bonsu has received an invitation to the Chicago pre-draft camp, held at the Moody Bible Institute from June 7-10, according to people close to the forward.

The pre-draft camp is an invite-only event where draft entrees exhibit their skills to NBA team officials. Mensah-Bonsu has worked out for the Phoenix Suns.

Classmate Mike Hall said earlier this week that he is still awaiting an invitation to the camp in his hometown but continues to fine-tune his skills in the offseason. Hall worked out for the Boston Celtics on Thursday and has been playing at the elite Hoops the Gym basketball facility in Chicago. Joining him in the pickup games were Vermont sharpshooter Taylor Coppenrath, Syracuse standout Hakim Warrick and Illinois’ Dee Brown.

Lucas follows Pikiell to Stony Brook

Former GW shooting guard Ricky Lucas will attend Stony Brook University next year after announcing in April that he will not return to the Colonials.

Lucas joins former GW associate head coach Steve Pikiell in going to the Long Island school. Pikiell will be the head coach of the Stony Brook team, and Lucas will be eligible for the 2006-2007 season. The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 4.2 points per game in his two years in Foggy Bottom.