WEB UPDATE: Draft camp notes

CHICAGO –

Injury report

* GW’s Pops Mensah-Bonsu said he received a few stitches for an injury that he suffered on Thursday. He would not elaborate on the cause of the injury but said it would not stop him and that he is fine.

* Illinois star Dee Brown broke his right foot Wednesday night. It is presumed by many at the camp that the injury will force him to return for his final year of eligibility. Teammate Roger Powell sprained his ankle and will not participate in the remainder of the camp.

* Jackie Manuel, former University of North Carolina forward, suffered a hairline fracture of the fifth metatarsal of his left foot on Tuesday night. He will not be able to participate any further.

* Marcus Slaughter, sophomore from San Diego State, was forced to withdraw from the camp due to a foot injury.

Familiar foes

Both local and Atlantic 10 players made appearances at the pre-draft camp. Former Maryland guard John Gilchrist racked up nine points and three rebounds on Thursday. On Wednesday, the guard dropped 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Gilchrist has signed with an agent, thus forfeiting his final year of collegiate eligibility. Saint Joseph’s Dwyane Jones was 75 percent from the floor (3-for-4) for 10 points in Thursday’s first match-up. On Wednesday, the 6-foot-11 forward registered seven points. A-10 Player of the Year Stephen Smith (LaSalle) led his team with 13 points on Wednesday.

-Jake Sherman