Crime Log

<b.Assault

4/30 – Off Campus – 12:25 a.m. – open case
University Police officers escorted a student into his girlfriend’s apartment near campus after the male student said she hit him several times. The male quickly gathered his belongings and left. He did not press charges.

Destruction

5/1 – Health and Wellness Center – open case
UPD responded to a blue light emergency phone activation near the workout facility. No one was at the phone when officers arrived, but while searching the area for potential problems, officers found the building’s parking gate to the garage had been broken off. UPD is unsure how the gate was damaged but officials suspect a car drove through it at a slow speed.

Disorderly Conduct

4/29 – Hall on Virginia Avenue 12:15 a.m.- case closed
A vehicle was hit with an egg while traveling past the residence hall on the Virginia Avenue side of the building.
No identifiable suspects

Drug Law Violation

4/30 – Thurston Hall – 1:16 a.m.- case closed
UPD officers contacted Community Living and Learning Center staff after responding to the report of a suspicious odor. CLLC administrators found 1.4 grams of marijuana, paraphernalia, a fake driver’s license and a George Foreman grill.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

4/27 – New Hall – 6:10 p.m. – case closed
CLLC staff found a small quantity of marijuana and prescription drugs that were not in a bottle after conducting an administrative search of a room while the residents were not present.

Unlawful Entry

5/2 – Medical Faculty Associates – 2:00 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a report of someone locking himself in the bathroom. When officers arrived, they found no key was needed for the bathroom. The male tried to leave the bathroom and officers caught him, recognized him as someone who was barred from campus on April 4, and arrested him.

5/1 – Ivory Tower – 4:30 a.m. open case
A female reported a man was leaning over her bed when she woke up. He said he was “Joe” from down the hall and the female pulled the sheets over herself and he left.

-compiled by Nathan Brill