Greek Briefs

Panhellenic Association sponsors body image event

More than 250 people attended Sunday’s showing of the Extreme Measures Tour, a national program aimed at discussing body image challenges women face.

The Panhellenic Association brought the tour to campus, which featured two speakers – one who survived health complications after breast implant surgery and another who spoke about her past eating disorder.

“Every year Panhel puts on risk management speakers, and these were topics a lot of girls could relate to,” said Stephanie Toczylowski, Panhellenic Association vice president of programming.

The Extreme Measures Tour is sponsored by the National Council of Women’s Organizations and the Eating Disorders Coalition. It is scheduled to appear at 12 college campuses with large female populations around the country.

Delta Gamma raises money for sight

The Delta Gamma sorority raised more than $6,000 for the Service for Sight Foundation at last week’s sixth annual Anchor Bowl.

The week-long competition among GW’s fraternities includes a penny war, a Baja Fresh fundraiser, a skit night and a football competition. The Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity was this year’s Anchor Bowl champion.

“Delta Gamma feels that Service for Sight is the perfect organization to donate to because, as it says in our mission, we foster high ideals of social responsibility,” Anchor Bowl Director Christina Mauricio said.

The foundation provides aid for individuals suffering from blindness, glaucoma and other visual impairments.

-Jessica Calefati