Crime Log

Simple Assault

2/27 – Thurston Hall – open case
A female resident awoke to find a young man kneeling over her and touching her back. She screamed and chased him out of the room. UPD issued a flash lookout based on the student’s description of the man but were unable to find anyone. It is unknown how he entered or why he was in the apartment.

Threats

2/28 – Health and Wellness Center – open case
After a verbal altercation over fouls on a basketball court, one man threatened another by saying he had a 9 mm pistol and would wait for the other outside. University Police took a description of the man and notified the Metropolitan Police Department.

Disorderly Conduct

2/26 – City Hall – 3:15 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a report of a fight in front of City Hall. UPD identified the two main aggressors, one of whom had a bruised eye. Officers contacted EMeRG, but the man refused treatment.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Drug Law Violation

2/25 – Madison Hall – 7:30 to 7:45 p.m. – cases closed
UPD raided four rooms within minutes following an anonymous tip to a Community Living and Learning Center staff member. Officers found paraphernalia that tested positive for cocaine and marijuana, as well as 1.4 grams of marijuana. There was not enough evidence for UPD to charge the students with intent to distribute; they did not find large amounts of cash or scales.
Referred to SJS

Harassment

2/27 – Mitchell Hall – 5:15 a.m. – case closed
Residents on the fifth floor admitted to banging on an adjoining room’s door, writing on the door’s notepad and playing their music loudly to annoy that room’s resident.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

2/27 – Townhouse Row – Phi Kappa Psi house – 12:57 a.m. – case closed
UPD found “a lot” of people holding beer cans and cups when they responded to a noise complaint on the second floor. UPD estimates that 50 people were present and most scattered when officers arrived. UPD found four people in a second floor room; two were residents with alcohol.
Referred to SJS

2/26 – Dakota Apartments – 1:29 a.m. – case closed- 12:57 a.m. – case closed
Officers found approximately 15 people and 12 unopened beer cans after CLLC staff contacted UPD about what sounded like a large third floor party. Most of the students present were underage and none appeared to be intoxicated.
Referred to SJS

-compiled by Nathan Brill