CLLC bans six students from dorms

In an unusual move, GW has instructed all community hosts, who man dorm entrances, to immediately notify University Police if any of six students try to enter residence halls.

Community hosts were given a sheet of paper with the names and photos of the six individuals on Feb. 18. The Hatchet is withholding the names of four of the students, who could not be contacted as of Wednesday night.

A Community Living and Learning Center student employee said it was her understanding that all six had been expelled from GW, but University officials declined to comment on their status. UPD Chief Dolores Stafford declined to comment for this story.

In an e-mail obtained by The Hatchet, Michael Lutz, director of residence life and education for CLLC, gave the instructions to the community hosts. Lutz declined to comment for this story.

In the e-mail, Lutz said the six individuals are “prohibited from being in any residence hall that GW owns operates or officially houses students in.”

The letter continues, “If one of these persons attempts to enter the building, please deny them entry and contact UPD immediately (even if they leave).”

James Kohl, director of residential life and education, said there is a long list of individuals who have been banned from GW housing. That list is included in binders that all community hosts have while on duty. But Kohl declined to say why these particular six students have been singled out and pictured prominently on a sheet of paper.

“It’s just a continuation of the same list we’ve always had,” Kohl said.

Kohl said it is standard judicial procedure for students to be barred from campus and have UPD notified if they try to re-enter GW property. Tara Woolfson, director of Student Judicial Services, did not reply to questions by press time.

Kyle Inniss, who is now aware of his presence on the list, said he is upset that he been banned from the dorms.

“I don’t know what official thought it was necessary to ban me from any dormitories on campus, especially considering I did not endanger or harm anything or anyone,” Inniss, one of the six students, wrote in an e-mail. “I’d like to think these fools want to give me a hard way to go, that’s all.”

Inniss declined to say whether he has been expelled from the University or the reason for his possible expulsion.

The Hatchet contacted Alexander Wyles, another student on the list who said he would comment at a later time, but failed to do so by press time.