Crime Log

Burglary II

1/30 – Francis Scott Key Hall 11:22 p.m. – open case
A laptop was stolen from a resident’s room. The resident claimed her door was locked, however a male witness told University Police that he noticed the door was open during the time period in question.

Destruction

1/26 – Thurston Hall – case closed
Graffiti was found in the stairwell in more then one place that read “APES,” which is the name of an unrecognized fraternity.
No suspects or witnesses

Disorderly Conduct

1/30 – Thurston Hall – 2:45 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a report of a fight on the 1900 Block of F Street and found two people arguing and one trying to break up the altercation. UPD was called a second time for an altercation in front of the Thurston elevators and found the same two people fighting about writing in the snow on a car parked in front of the building. The two students, who were not residents of Thurston, were asked to leave for the remainder of the evening.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

1/29 – Thurston Hall – 2:51 p.m. – case closed
A student quickly walked past the front door security without swiping and continued to walk through the hall even after the officer asked him to stop. The student told the officer he did not think it was necessary to swipe in to go to the key depot.
Referred to SJS

Harassment

1/30 – Fulbright Hall – case closed
A male called a female on her room phone and told her that he sees her on campus but is too shy to talk to her. UPD is investigating the name that he gave her, although the female said the calls were not threatening, just weird.

Theft I

1/27 – Marvin Center – open case
A bag containing textbooks and a laptop was stolen out of the cubbies in the front of the bookstore. The owner said the bag’s contents were worth more than $1,000.
-compiled by Nathan Brill