Crime Log

Destruction

1/16 – Ivory Tower – case closed
University Police officers responded to noise in the men’s bathroom and found two females and a broken seat cover dispenser. Officers smelled alcohol on both females.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

1/15 – Public Space – case closed
The passenger window of a vehicle parked at 20th and H streets was smashed. No items appeared to be missing.

Drug Law Violation

1/18 – Thurston Hall – 2:42 a.m. – case closed
UPD found 2.1 grams of marijuana and pipes after responding to a report of a suspicious odor. No one responded to UPD officers’ knocking, so the officers entered the room on their own. They found two males who admitted to smoking marijuana.
Referred to SJS

Harassment

1/17 – Private Property – case closed
A black male 30 to 40 years of age threatened employees in a retail establishment at 1957 E St. The man approached employees in four separate incidents, and during the last one threatened to “scare the shit out of the employees.” The employees were advised to call UPD next time they saw the man.

Theft I

1/15 – Aston Hall – open case
A DVD/VCR player went missing after students had left their residence hall for winter break. Nothing else appeared to be missing, and there were no signs of forced entry.

1/12 – Public space – case closed
A laptop, car stereo, glasses and passport were stolen from a vehicle parked at 22nd and G streets. The passenger door was ajar but it was unclear if the door had been left open or was forced open. The theft occurred when the owner left the vehicle for an hour beginning at 8 p.m.
No suspects or witnesses
-compiled by Nathan Brill