Crime Log

Credit Card Fraud

12/3 – off campus – open case
A female student discovered $38 in fraudulent charges on her GWorld card. She said the card had been in her possession during the time of the charges.

12/1 – off campus – case closed
A student reported fraudulent charges on his NIH Visa check card. He told University Police that the card had not left his possession during the time the charges were made.
No Suspects

Destruction

12/4 – Ivory Tower – 3:55 a.m. – case closed
UPD was notified of people knocking on doors and pulling down exit signs on the sixth floor. When UPD officers arrived, they found an exit sign cover on the floor.
No suspects

Disorderly Conduct
12/5 – Mitchell Hall – 2:23 a.m. – case closed
A community facilitator reported beer bottles being thrown from windows into a nearby courtyard. UPD responded and found four broken bottles in the area but could not determine the origin of the bottles.
No suspects

12/4 – Thurston Hall – 1:55 a.m. – case closed
A student attempted to gain access to a ninth floor room where UPD officers were already handling an incident. Officers requested that the student to leave, but he responded by saying he was looking for someone on the seventh floor. UPD escorted the student outside of the building; shortly thereafter he attempted to reenter and was denied.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

12/4 – Thurston Hall – 11:49 p.m. – case closed
A resident’s guest refused to show identification to the desk guard and was refused entry into the dorm. The host became irate with the officer and said her guest was her sister. Eventually, the guest produced a passport; her last name was different from that of her host.
Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

12/4 – Thurston Hall – 12:25 a.m. – case closed
UPD found 18 people and a large quantity of alcohol, including 138 beer cans, while responding to an anonymous report of a suspicious odor. Community Living and Learning Center staff conducted a search of the room and found two homemade bongs that tested positive for marijuana.
Referred to SJS

Shoplifting

12/1 – Marvin Center – 6:56 p.m. – case closed
Employees at the District Market reported two males putting items they did not pay for into a backpack. UPD located two people who matched the descriptions that were given. The two told UPD that they wanted to see if they could get away with theft, but when they saw the UPD officer watching them, they dropped the bag thinking they would not get in as much trouble.

Referred to SJS

-Compiled by Nathan Brill