Crime Log

Destruction

11/14 – Schenley Hall – case closed
Both exit signs on the building’s third floor were ripped from the ceiling. Facilities management was notified.
No suspects

Disorderly Conduct

11/13 – Fulbright Hall – 4:34 a.m. – case closed
An unknown individual discharged a fire extinguisher on the third, fourth and fifth floors.
No suspects

Drug Law Violation

11/13 – Madison Hall – 8:50 p.m. – case closed
A University Police officer on patrol found two roommates smoking marijuana after smelling an odor. Community Living and Learning Center staff were contacted and an administrative search revealed partially smoked marijuana cigarettes. There was not enough marijuana to be measured.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

11/11 – Madison Hall – 9:50 p.m. – case closed
A UPD officer knocked on a student’s door after smelling an odor, and the student admitted to smoking marijuana. Three other people were in the room playing a board game. CLLC staff conducted an administrative search of the room and found small amounts of marijuana, a pipe and rolling paper.
Referred to SJS

Harassment

11/14 – Hall on Virginia Avenue – case closed
A resident reported to UPD that a former roommate left a cryptic message on his room’s dry erase board. He also reported that several items were missing from the room and that he suspected the same person was the thief.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

11/14 – New Hall – 12:05 a.m. – case closed
UPD responded to a noise complaint and found 14 underage people in a room with various types of alcohol. Two individuals present were not affiliated with GW and were barred from campus.
Referred to SJS

11/13 – Thurston Hall – 2:24 a.m. – case closed
The front desk UPD officers observed an inebriated person on closed circuit television. Two officers responded; they found a male who could not communicate clearly. EMeRG. responded as well but could not communicate with the student. The D.C. fire department transported the student to the GW Hospital Emergency Room.
Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

11/14 – New Hall – 3:30 p.m. – case closed
A female complained that a male student repeatedly tapped her on the arm and spoke to her in passing. She also claimed that he pulled her hair and she had asked him not to. Metropolitan Police was contacted at the female’s request. They attempted to speak to the male, but he was not available. He later told UPD that he did not know his gestures were unwanted.
Referred to SJS

Unlawful Entry

11/13 – Hall of Virginia Avenue – 5:50 p.m. – case closed
A man from Arlington, Va., was arrested for entering GW property after being barred from campus on May 10. The officer at the front desk recognized his face and contacted MPD, which charged him with unlawful entry. The man told the desk officer that he was in HOVA to meet up with his girlfriend.
-compiled by Nathan Brill