Crime Log

Destruction

11/2 – Public Property – case closed

Unknown vandals sprayed graffiti on the GW sign outside of the former Quigley’s pharmacy on 21st Street.
No suspects

Disorderly Conduct

11/4 – 1957 E St. – 2:50 p.m. case closed

A student discussing his grades with his adviser became loud and aggressive when he was told to schedule an appointment. Once University Police arrived, the student apologized and became cooperative.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Drug Law Violation

11/7 – Thurston Hall – 3 a.m. case closed

UPD officers smelled a suspicious odor coming from a dorm room. Community Living and Learning Center staff searched the room and found pipes and other paraphernalia, which tested positive for marijuana. Three students were present; two who were unaffiliated with GW were barred from campus.
Referred to SJS

11/6 – Thurston Hall – 3 p.m. case closed

During an administrative search, CLLC found marijuana, several pipes and other drug paraphernalia. There were three people in the room. One of those people was not affiliated with GW and was subsequently barred from campus.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation
11/7 – Public Property – 2 a.m. case closed

A UPD officer found a male lying in the bushes at 22 and H streets. The man was unable to maintain consciousness and could not communicate his identity. A witness told UPD he had been trying to get a bus home to the Mount Vernon Campus. UPD contacted the D.C. fire department to transport him to the hospital.
Referred to SJS

11/6 – Public Property – 2 a.m. case closed

UPD found a male unable to walk, leaning on the support columns of Old Main, located at 20th and F streets. The student was 21; UPD called EMeRG., who transported him to the GW Hospital.
Referred to SJS

Robbery

11/2 – Off Campus – 6:15 p.m. case closed

A student’s GWorld card was stolen while he was in Prince George’s County, Md. There were no unauthorized charges made with the card.

Simple Assault

11/6 – Aston Hall – 5:50 p.m. open case

A male was touching another male, and a third male told him to stop. The man who was doing the touching became mad and punched the interjector in the face. The victim requested that charges be brought and contacted Metropolitan Police.

Theft I
11/2 – Gelman Library – 6 p.m. open case

A laptop left unattended was stolen while the owner went to get a paper from the printer. UPD has no leads in the case.
No suspects

-compiled by Nathan Brill